A blog of my responses and reflections on web 2.0 applications and how they relate to my work in public libraries. Should be fun.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Short staffed; short healthed

I have a cold and feel the need to gripe; lucky you!



On a friendly comparrison of the amounts of sick leave each staff at our branch had, I came up on top with 128 days. That's a third of a year I could take off if I found myself that unable to work. The others protested that I never take days off, that I'd rather slump semi-conscious in a corner before giving up said corner for my cozy bed. No true, I love my bed. But I don't often fall sick and I must admit I start feeling guilty knowing that the rest of the staff have to do my shifts as well as their own if I'm off for more than a few days.



So, here I am at work, on a day I could easily be sitting back and watching the cricket and this branch of 7 staff is running on 3. One staff member on annual leave,two on sick leaves, one at training and me wishing that I could actually have one of those days off.



And people wonder why I don't take days?!

2 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

Dear Miztres

Hope you are feeling better soon! And just think, you could have taken to your bed, laptop on hand, and still KEPT on working/learning with this program, such are the wonders of the web - only kidding :-)

Victoria

Crystal said...

Oh, stop worrying about other people so much! Have a day off! Go shopping, walk the dogs, play on your Mac, listen to Finn-type stuff.

:-)

So...why am I here?