A blog of my responses and reflections on web 2.0 applications and how they relate to my work in public libraries. Should be fun.

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Great Photo Week Two flickr

I've spent faaar too much time trawling through the wonderful images in flickr this week. This was only suppose to take 15 minutes a day, right?

Anyway, after what seems like hours of awestruck bliss here is my shot. This is an image from inside the Old Library of the Muntmuseum in Utrecht (The Netherlands).

You should be able to click on the photo too look at other images by this artist.

After looking for so long I must say I was getting a little desperate. Why I had to have a perfect photos is beyond me but many things, though beautiful, didn't appeal.

I think this one caught my attention because it is what many people consider a library to be. Beautiful, rich, silent and empty. Nothing like real library life at all!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is a gorgeous picture! And as you said, the way i envisioned my library life before i started. I was so looking forward to all of that shushing and "pushing-up-glasses-that-have-fallen-down-my nose"-ing!

I'd love to work there!

So...why am I here?