A blog of my responses and reflections on web 2.0 applications and how they relate to my work in public libraries. Should be fun.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

IM game

Try some of the instant messaging tools.

I Google chat from either iGoogle or Googlemail as well as the instant messaging service attached to Facebook fairly often depending on who I find online.

What did you like about them?

You can see who from your 'friends' or chat list is online instantly and can chat while online doing other things.  I have chatted to a friend while email her or writing her a letter....maybe all three at the same time.

How would they be useful in a library?

I've already seen libraries use something like this as a way of conducting a reference enquiry online.  On Facebook or from a library blog I can see it useful if a 'friend' or reader what's to clarify information they've read on your site.  An example of this would be enquirying about an event happening at the library or even making a booking.

No comments:

So...why am I here?